Monday, November 2

The Game: Case 7 - Enemies


Case 7: Create and design an enemy for your hero, which has basic AI and will follow your character around on his own without relying on button presses.
In this case I focused more on the design than the actual scripting, and when i got to the scripting I had a lot of trouble in making the new "enemy" class and AS-file work together with the Main.AS-file. I actually got to a point where the enemy would follow the character, stopping when in touch and punching at him. Then, something happened that just f***ed everything up. I don't know what I did to ruin it, but suddenly everything would freeze up and i had to delete some of my script. Now I can't even get the brute to follow the hero properly. GOD DAMN IT. Pardon my french. I need some help with this.

Anyway: Here's a screencap of the "Brute".


















After I get this problem handled, Case 8 is up, in which I will make the collectible water canteens and "blind"-system for my game. Also try to make it able for the characters to actually damage each other. That would be a nice feature for a fighting game.

2 comments:

  1. Fikk du det til å funke til slutt?
    Jeg skjønner at du blir frustrert, men du må skrive mer rapport aktig og ta med punkter om hvordan det gikk på pbl sesjon, labb og fredagslabb, samt samarbeid/klima i gruppa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. se Lars sin "Case 7" som eksempel http://litebatteri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete